[UkOpenBSDUsers] Hello

Owain Ainsworth zerooa at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 01:08:32 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:25:52AM +0000, Grant Hammond wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick introduction from me...
>
> I'm based in Reading and have been interested in OpenBSD since 3.4 and it
> was a magazine CD that put me onto it. Since then I have been using OpenBSD
> as a mail server in the wild (from 4.1) and as a desktop on amd64 hardware
> at home.
>
> For 18 months I was lucky enough to have an employer that allowed a free
> choice of OS to use on a laptop. I started with stable and ventured a bit
> running current. A great way to learn a system by using it every day :)
> At one point I even managed to build OOo!
>
> Nice to see people and companies using OpenBSD in the UK!

Since the rest of the ``hey'' posts seem to be in reply to this one, may
as well join in the fun.

Similar to Jacek, those of you who follow source-changes@ will recognise
my name, i'm a developer since November 2007. I hack on the *drm(4)
drivers, xenocara, uvm(9), bits of amd64 support, and a bunch of other
misc things.

Non-openbsd wise I'm a PhD student at Imperial College London
(originally from Frimley, out surrey wards) working on communication in
Highly Distributed Power Systems (SmartGrids for those who prefer
buzzword compliancy).

Generally available for a pint in London (West prefereably).

-0-
--
The scum also rises.
		-- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson