[UkOpenBSDUsers] [Ukfreebsd] proposed *BSD meet in London, late June

Robert N. M. Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 24 14:37:21 BST 2010

On 24 Jun 2010, at 10:07, Mark Blackman wrote:

> This turned out to be a very warm evening as advertised and much
> beer was consumed in the pursuit of happiness, but we seemed to
> have failed to lure the Cambridge crowd down after all.
>
> Look forward to another meeting in late July, and I'll be
> attempting to arrange a venue for a technical presentation
> for that meeting as we've had both Owain Ainsworth and James
> O'Gorman volunteer to do presentations.

At least on my part, it's due to overall scheduling failure, but I definitely do mean to make it sometime.

On the mini-talklet front, I'd be happy to do something short on either of the following two areas:

- Virtualized network stack (... how to do 10,000 virtual network stacks on one FreeBSD box ...)
- Capsicum: practical capabilities for UNIX ( ... sandboxing on FreeBSD, Chromium, security models, ...)

Since both are larger conference talks I have given recently / will give soon.

At the risk of sounding gauche, I suspect I could book a venue in the Cambridge city centre close to plenty of pubs, very pretty in the summer, but a slightly longer trek from London.

Robert