[UkOpenBSDUsers] [Ukfreebsd] proposed *BSD meet in London, late June

Mark Blackman mark at exonetric.com
Fri Jun 25 21:43:33 BST 2010

On 24 Jun 2010, at 14:37, Robert N. M. Watson wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2010, at 10:07, Mark Blackman wrote:
>
>> This turned out to be a very warm evening as advertised and much
>> beer was consumed in the pursuit of happiness, but we seemed to
>> have failed to lure the Cambridge crowd down after all.
>>
>> Look forward to another meeting in late July, and I'll be
>> attempting to arrange a venue for a technical presentation
>> for that meeting as we've had both Owain Ainsworth and James
>> O'Gorman volunteer to do presentations.
>
> At least on my part, it's due to overall scheduling failure, but I definitely do mean to make it sometime.
>
> On the mini-talklet front, I'd be happy to do something short on either of the following two areas:
>
> - Virtualized network stack (... how to do 10,000 virtual network stacks on one FreeBSD box ...)
> - Capsicum: practical capabilities for UNIX ( ... sandboxing on FreeBSD, Chromium, security models, ...)
>
> Since both are larger conference talks I have given recently / will give soon.

Hooray, that sounds like a deal. Care to volunteer rough dates off-list or on-list?
I'm still looking at venues at the moment.

> At the risk of sounding gauche, I suspect I could book a venue in the Cambridge city centre close to plenty of pubs, very pretty in the summer, but a slightly longer trek from London.

I like the idea if it makes it more attractive to you, but I would rather find a way to
persuade you to somewhere in London. :) I've got a feeling we could find a way to at least
cover your costs.

Cheers,
Mark